Introducing GateManager 5
GateManager 5 has already been running in production for several months on one of our hosted servers, and we have started to deploy only GateManager version 5 servers for both partners and end customers.
GateManager5 is everything we dreamt it would be, and especially the domain administration has been subject for a wealth of functional improvements:
- Fully Web browser controlled (use PC, iPad, Android etc.)
- Highly flexible and transparent license and account management
- All elements are now drag’n’drop (including licenses and accounts)
- All objects are contained in the same tree view
- Selectable animated icons for better visualization of status and events
- Much more intuitive Alert module
- Automatic SiteManager back-up, and improved replacement wizard
- Improved event-logging by a completely redesigned Audit module
- Customizable reports
- News feeds for notification inside connected LinkManagers
- Customizable logos to be used on SiteManagers and LinkManagers
- Improved mail templates for administrator and Llinkmanager accounts
- Prepared for two factor secured login with SMS two-factor authentication
- Management of Mobile based LinkManagers
..not to mention a load of usability and performance improvements and optimizations. And for customers with their own GateManager, GateManager 5 is a major step up as well, and a lot of administrative tasks are now performed via the Web GUI:
- Upgrade the server via the GUI, similar to how you upgrade a SiteManager
- Automatic extract and install SiteManager firmware from a ZIP archive
- Customizable mail templates
- All server configurations are done via the same Web portal
In addition to all this, GateManager 5 is prepared for a much smother migration from one server to another, and The GateManager Java console based GateManager servers, hosted by Secomea will be migrated to GateManager 5 in Q3 (more info will follow).
Announcing LinkManager Mobile
We are proud to announce “LinkManager Mobile”, the first easy solution for instant remote access via a Smartphone, Tablet or PC. A desirable and soon indispensable tool for all machine builders, system integrators and end-users
LinkManager Mobile is a result of numerous customer requests, which can be summarized to:
- Securely access a Web enabled device, such as PLCs, HMIs, webcams etc
- .. by any mobile device such as a laptop, iPad, iPhone or Android device
- .. and administer individual user access easily via a web portal
It was a challenge, and required the GateManager 5 architecture. But now it is here and it has exceeded our expectations. LinkManager Mobile accounts are created and maintained just as regular LinkManager accounts, but are licensed separately and at a lower price. LinkManager Mobile is currently released with user/password login authentication, but will support SMS password two-factor authentication on GateManagers with a SMS module installed.
Contact us to learn more, or to discuss your specific use case.