All SiteManagers are now UL certified !
In January we finalized our UL Listing certification process for the entire SiteManager product line. This was initiated as result of numerous requests from global machine builders, with export to North America. More and more large industry customers have introduced a strict policy that all hardware components used in the production must be UL certified. Subsequently this is now also becoming a strategic differentiator for machine builders using Secomea products.
UL (Underwriters Laboratories) is a third-party organization without financial interest in the products they evaluate, and is your assurance that their seal of approval is not a superficial sales ploy, but a true indication of the operational safety of a device. To ensure the ongoing safety of listed products, UL goes the extra mile and does not stop testing products after the initial ratings have been achieved.
All SiteManager products currently shipping have the UL listed mark. You can find the UL reports at the UL online certifications directory under file number E358541
SiteManager / LinkManager release 5.1
This release has been in lab-test and field-beta for quite some time, due to the substantial amount of new features and modifications. Highlights of this release are:
- As announced in the last news letter, all SiteManagers with integrated modem now support local transmission of SMS alert messages, as well as the ability to operate as SMS receiver. This works over both Ethernet and via the Serial port. Code blocks can be implemented in e.g. Step7 and CoDeSys and provide full PLC based control of alert messages and recipient lists.
- The 2G/3G uplink feature in the xx39 series has been improved, resulting in higher stability especially in areas with bad reception or periodic outages.
- USB agent functionality has been improved significantly. Apart from speed and stability improvements, the plug-and-play handling has been modified for much easier operation from the LinkManager.
- A wealth of new device agents are introduced, and the agent parameter details menu has been made even more intuitive.
Check the release note for details
OBS: The Secomea hosted GateManager servers were recently upgraded to version 5.2.
Many of the improvements are associated with the GateManager portal browser operation, which has resulted in a much better user experience.
The public 5.2 release will be available for download here at the end of this week.
New Web Design
As you may have noticed we have upgraded our web site with an entirely new design. The most significant improvements are:
- More intuitive navigation.
- The entire site is now fully “responsive”, which means it automatically scales contents and images to optimally adapt to any type of browser device. This is especially useful for smartphones and tablets.
- Based on many requests, a “Technology” menu has been added. This section is aimed at assuring the decision makers and IT departments that the solution can be fully trusted in terms of security, scalability and stability.