For every application a solution
By Daniel Noorland
“A stable remote access connection to our machines worldwide is necessary to provide service in the way we have envisioned it. With the Secomea SiteManager concept, our mechanics on site don’t have to worry about IT problems anymore. With Secomea we can focus on our core business!”
Verbruggen Emmeloord is a Dutch manufacturer with more than 20 years of experience in manufacturing of palletizers, pallet conveyors, pallet wrapping machines, conveyors and elevator systems. Verbruggen’s main focus is agricultural and industrial markets worldwide.
Verbruggen’s palletizers contain advanced controls based on Beckhoff PLCs, SEW Movidrive servo inverters and Beijer and Pro-face HMI panels. These machines are typically installed by local mechanics, and Verbruggen’s specialists use the Secomea solution to obtain remote access for providing fast and efficient service on the machines worldwide.
The Secomea solution was chosen for several reasons:
- Very easy to deploy, even by the customers’ own mechanical personnel
- Independent of where in the world it is deployed
- Central M2M server hosted by Secomea, so no server maintenance is required
- Supports access to both Ethernet and Serial connected devices
- Secomea monitoring feature that triggers an Alert email when something is wrong
- The Secomea device also signals to the customer that the remote access connection is alive